I got raped... and i decided to...

DISABLE COMMENTS.

Today I made that dramatic decision in my blogging life. Yup… No more comments allowed.

My Sis keeps asking why, and to deflect any more questions on that subject, I am posting on it. I disabled comments not because I don’t want the kind of intelligent interaction that I see on so many other sites, but because, I got flamed too often for my liking. I thought that it was safer to keep comments disabled, and avoid abuse on my blog. I envy those bloggers whose readers provide civil discourse. Comments can make a good blog stand out, but mine is read by all kinds.

“How dare you start a blog in the public domain and not have comments? This is the public space, and all blogs should have comments” continues my annoying Sis.

Well, firstly, there is no convention that "all blogs should have comments". Some of the most widely read bloggers, don’t have comments enabled. Secondly, this blog is not public property, but my space. As I would like to say “A woman's blog is her castle.” And while I would be glad to let civil people wander into this particular castle, given my past experiences, I’d rather keep that drawbridge up.

No disrespect is meant to you by this, and you are always welcome to my little castle. Thank you for your understanding.